This is a list of bugs that will serve as a good introduction to the Dreamwidth development workflow. They involve varying levels of rummaging up to your elbows in the guts of the code but I can promise that we'll all be only to pleased to help :-) If in doubt, just take a look at the list of things real DW programmers do...
bugzilla: implemented, and that there isn't a corresponding assigned issue.)
- Issue #673: implement option to make tags go above entry text in all styles. This is additionally tagged effort-higher, but that's because it's a small change that needs applying in an awful lot of places.
- Issue #674: standardise option to have navigation links at the top/in header. This is similar, in that it's effort-higher because it's a lot of small changes.
Issue #829: calendar overflows in Leftovers when font is big enough.
- Issue #966: convert birthdays.tt to use Foundation.
Issue #967: convert login.tt to use Foundation. These days Dreamwidth uses a combination of tt (Template Toolkit) and Foundation to style pages - there's a fair bit on the wiki and lots of help to be had in IRC!
Issue #968: convert protected.tt to use Foundation.
Issue #1482: Clarify header image options in Heads Up style.
- Issue #1691: Banning an OpenID user exposes their ext_?? username. This is something that's been fixed somewhere else recently -- where precisely is flagged up in comments to the issue. So what you need to do is look at that change and work out where the correct additional place to apply it is!
- Issue #1817: Make nav strip and hover menu behave consistently when joining moderated-membership communities. This requires applying the fix for #1599, previously featured on this list, to the nav strip as well as the hover menu!
- Issue #1841: suggested improvement for /admin/priv: include packages in dropdown. Include things that already exist in a dropdown menu!
- Issue #1944: screening/unscreening confirmation page should have link back to comment. If you screen or unscreen a comment by clicking on the link in email, you're taken to a confirmation page -- that message should have a link back to the comment you just screened/unscreened (it currently doesn't).
- Issue #1987: selective screening should only act on account types that can comment. Communities can't comment, and people who try to ban anonymous comments actually currently end up banning the community anonymous! This is a confusing state of affairs.
- Issue #2018: Abstractia journal style needs background repeats. Because otherwise things end up looking weird and unhappy on large screens. A quick bit of style-wrangling!
- Issue #2140: clarify check-all tickybox on https://www.dreamwidth.org/manage/
settings/?cat=notifications. Some UI needs improving -- and Denise has suggested wording! It's just a case of filling it out.
- Issue #2209: Better wording for 'no html allowed' on support request page. This routinely causes confusion!
- Issue #2249: supportdelete priv no longer exists, if it ever existed in GPL'd livejournal code. Code machete!
- Issue #2254: remove LJ::User function and methods.
- Issue #2275: Useless variable in LJ::Protocol lines 1494&1496. Code machete!
- Issue #2287: English-strip LJ::check_mail. Here's how!
- Issue #2294:remove code referencing ADV_PER_PAGE. Code machete!
- Issue #2360: <s> is stripped from entry titles. Two-character fix!
- Issue #2364: "please try beta update page instead". Add a banner to the beta version of the Create Entries page!
- Issue #2366: add pastebin.com to embeds whitelist. Here's how!
- Issue #2374: More suggestions for "Other Sites" list on user profile.
Issue #2376: more "Other Sites" upkeep: remove Delicious.
- Issue #2377: whitelist embeds from streamable.com. Here's how!
( Archive of Bugzilla bugs )
Enjoy! And please do ask for help. Or cheerleading. Or anything else you feel like. ♥