This is a list of bugs that will serve as a good introduction to the Dreamwidth development workflow. They involve varying levels of rummaging up to your elbows in the guts of the code but I can promise that we'll all be only to pleased to help :-) If in doubt, just take a look at the list of things real DW programmers do...
bugzilla: implemented, and that there isn't a corresponding assigned issue.)
Issue #673: implement option to make tags go above entry text in all styles. This is additionally tagged effort-higher, but that's because it's a small change that needs applying in an awful lot of places.
Issue #674: standardise option to have navigation links at the top/in header. This is similar, in that it's effort-higher because it's a lot of small changes.
Issue #829: calendar overflows in Leftovers when font is big enough.
Issue #966: convert birthdays.tt to use Foundation.
Issue #967: convert login.tt to use Foundation. These days Dreamwidth uses a combination of tt (Template Toolkit) and Foundation to style pages - there's a fair bit on the wiki and lots of help to be had in IRC!
Issue #968: convert protected.tt to use Foundation.
Issue #1180: Quick Update not reflecting security settings.
Issue #1482: Clarify header image options in Heads Up style.
Issue #1587: State selection is broken in account creation when JS is disabled.
Issue #1590: manage/tags should not silently truncate renamed tags... because that's just rude. Make it a fixed-length text box or introduce an error message; up to you!
- Issue #1627: Point sending form loses comment field after error. This is one where you want to make sure that text persists so people don't have to type it out again.
Issue #1665: "View all entries posted on the same date" no longer needs to be displayed on Create Entries success landing page. Dreamwidth has tweaked how not-showing-entries-on-reading-pages works so that such entries no longer need to be backdated and this option on a subset of post success pages is more confusing than it is helpful; a chunk of logic can just get removed!
Issue #1691: Banning an OpenID user exposes their ext_?? username.. This is something that's been fixed somewhere else recently -- where precisely is flagged up in comments to the issue. So what you need to do is look at that change and work out where the correct additional place to apply it is!
- Issue #1706: change the 'icons' info in the profile page blurb at top to include bonus icons count to logged-in users with bonus icons. Quite frequently people file support requests asking to move bonus icon slots between accounts. Information about how many icons an account has is presented on the profile page in a way that can sometimes be misleading, so this is aimed at tidying that up!
- Issue #1712: success message for buying paid time when not logged in needs to be changed to reflect no receipt will be sent.
- Issue #1744: Replying to PMs from OpenID users should Just Work and Really Doesn't. If you hit Reply on a message in your Inbox that originated from an OpenID account, you get told the user doesn't exist. If you manually edit in the ext_XXXX form of the username, messages can suddenly be sent. This should Just Work but, per the bug title, Really Doesn't. The ticket links to several related fixes, which should provide useful scaffolding for fixing this!
- Issue #1817: Make nav strip and hover menu behave consistently when joining moderated-membership communities. This requires applying the fix for #1599, previously featured on this list, to the nav strip as well as the hover menu!
- Issue #1818: The "ip" column in the userlog table should be widened to accommodate IPv6 addresses. Change a value from 15 to 45!
- Issue #1841: suggested improvement for /admin/priv: include packages in dropdown. Include things that already exist in a dropdown menu!
- ISsue #1855: Save descriptions can give error message when there are no descriptions. Suggested shape of solution given in comments by karzilla!
- Issue #1944: screening/unscreening confirmation page should have link back to comment. If you screen or unscreen a comment by clicking on the link in email, you're taken to a confirmation page -- that message should have a link back to the comment you just screened/unscreened (it currently doesn't).
( Archive of Bugzilla bugs )
Enjoy! And please do ask for help. Or cheerleading. Or anything else you feel like. ♥